Sunday, May 30, 2010

Help!

"I the Lord your God hold your right hand; I am the Lord, Who tells you, Fear not; I will help you!"
(Isaiah 41:13)

Oh my goodness!!!!! God has been showing off for the Milillo household over the past few days!!! Ahhhh!!!

Let me start by saying how incredibly great the God we serve is...and how too often we don't expect Him to fulfill His greatness. Shame on us! God has been renovating my entire concept of faith and has shown me that I need to display enough to live in such a way as to expect miracles. Expect God to be Who He says He will be. Expect greatness.

Greatness has come in many forms over the last few days. God's hand picked out the perfect house for us in Galveston--perfect by necessity standards, not by selfish ones. He has opened doors to allow Steve to be an even stronger witness in Galveston, especially while forming relationships with the staff. He has provided a way for us to pay certain expenses that hit us all on this last check. He has blessed Steve with an amazing friend, Zeek, who before being asked volunteered to help drive Steve back to Galveston tonight. He has provided a way for me and Malachi to still go on vacation with my family later this week. And now for the main event.....

(I'm crying as I write this part...)

He blessed a couple with such selfless hearts that they heard we had one car and simply drove over to our house today to give us their used van. I can't put into words what a relief this is for our family!!!!! Having one car and Steve trying to come back and forth between Galveston and Katy has been stressful. I really can't hold it together while writing about this...this is truly a miracle from our Father Who lavishes His greatness upon us if we simply get up and go. We have answered the call to love Him so much--to be captivated by His love so much--that we abandon what we know and follow His leading. This is faith, my friends. I am not here to brag or boast, just to provide a real life example of God showering His miracles on one of His silly little children. :)

Whew...man, with pregnancy hormones, once you start crying you just can't stop! Haha.
God is our Helper. He is our Miracle Worker. He and He alone must be our greatness.

Expect miracles.
molly

2 comments:

  1. I am so in awe of the peace that prevails on your life at this time. Let's see....moving, husband out of town all week long, baby boy into EVERYTHING, another baby on the way, working, going to school, etc, etc, etc. Yet, the peace that passes all understanding is so evident! I love you and Steve and Malachi (and "sequel") so much and will miss you all terribly. You can expect my car pulling in your driveway at least once a week when you get to Galveston. If I don't get the A/C fixed in my car, I will be very hot and thirsty when I arrive, so please have some cold sweet tea waiting for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an incredible detail in your journey! i love reading stories of God's hand in every detail.

    ReplyDelete