Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Root canals, roach updates, and traumatic beach experiences!

Here are some updates on our happenings lately...please excuse the quality of the pics--they are from my cell phone. :)

I (Molly) had my root canal yesterday and God (as always) helped provide a way for us to pay the first payment for it. I wasn't worried about the actual procedure at all--it was my jaw I was worried about. If you don't know, I have horrible TMJ and degenerative disc disease in my jaw and actually had a jaw reconstruction surgery a few years ago to try to help the symptoms. It certainly has worked so far! I can't keep my mouth open like at the dentist without it really cramping up and hurting. So...I was worried about that part. Of course, our faithful God made not only the numing shots virtually painless, He comforted and held my jaw pretty relaxed the whole time! Dr. Timothy Molloy in Friendswood is AMAZING!!! I would highly recommend him if you live in the area!


Just what everyone wants to see waiting for them in the morning...BLAHHHHH!!!!!
We are still housing homeless roaches on the island. There is currently a roach that is stalking me. He's either dead or incredibly awesome at staking me out. He's been in the highest tip-top corner of our living room ceiling all day long--hasn't moved at all! I tried to throw some balled up socks at him and knock him down but he didn't budge! STALKER!


Although it's blurry, this was the "action shot" of my little man demonstrating his newest skill:
Climbing backwards into the cabinet part of the entertainment center. Nice, huh??

Malachi's Ghi came to play for a few days (Molly's mom) and we went to the library today! We got a library card, Malachi picked out 7 books, 6 dvd's, and fell in love with this cool puzzle! He was hard at work! This was truly an epic moment--he was still and focused for a full few minutes!! WOW!!!!
More fun at the beach!

We went up to see Daddy at work and coaxed him into taking a break to go across the street with us to feed the seagulls. Not only did we "just happen" to have an extra swimsuit for Malachi in the car, it was cooled off for the day and some of the other staff and their kids came too! Yay for impromptu beach trips!
Alas, there was a traumatic experience for Malachi this time...
While walking along the beach, he saw this random wooden staircase that just went up a few steps and then down the other side. Steve went with him to climb on them. I know what you're thinking--Oh no! He fell off! Well, you would be wrong. His balance is stupendous. Unfortunately, he put his hand right on top of a piece of beach glass while he tried to climb one of the stairs. Ouch! It only cut two little spots on his pointer finger and thumb, but the way he cried you would have thought he lost an arm. Poor baby! Much to his dismay, we put bandaids on his "wounds" until they stopped bleeding. (FYI--baby fingers can really bleed!) All is well and all was forgotten after about 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment