According to what's available on biblegateway.com, there are 23 different versions of the Bible (in English at least). While you may have experienced God's word in a few of these versions, I have an entirely new one to present to you...
THE MILILLO STANDARD VERSION (MSV)
Yeah, yeah...I know it's not a "real" version, but I think God can rewrite His words to each of us in our own little languages, contexts, and personalities. And this is exactly what He showed me Sunday afternoon.
While Steve, my dad, and Malachi were enjoying some manly bonding time on Sunday watching the Texans game, I ran away to run an errand. While I was out and finished with my errand in less time than I had anticipated, I had this overwhelming desire to go to Panera Bread. The growing baby inside of me directed me to order a chocolate chip bagel and honey nut cream cheese but unfortunately they were out...I had to settle for a cup of decaf coffee (fine by me!). Anyways, I was reading Psalm 40 a few days earlier and before I could finish the chapter, I had to stop Malachi from jumping off yet another piece of furniture. So, I took my time and really sunk my teeth into the chapter while sitting there in Panera.
God, in His unique personality, egged me on to kind of "translate" a few of those verses into my own words. So, this is the BEST way to give you an update as to what God's doing in our lives...
I present to you PSALM 40:1-5 in the MILILLO STANDARD VERSION
"We've done our best trying to be patient and to wait on God--and now we know that He hasn't turned a deaf ear! Every tear was counted! He took us away from ourselves; He pulled us out of selfish ambition and desires and threw us into an ocean of true humility. He then calmed the waves so that we could drift freely with His steady flow. Our lips and lives are singing an entirely new song now--one that carries with it an incredible and unique melody coupled beautifully with His harmony (see Zephaniah 3:17). We can only hope that people will see what HE is doing in our lives and put their trust in Him. We can't even describe the peaceful joy that comes with living out trust in the Lord! While it's been incredibly scary, it has also been incredibly captivating! Our sweet Savior, YOU have done great things! Your plans for us are just beginning! There is no one and no thing like You. We could start listing everything You are doing and have done in our lives but our voices would fail us before we ran out of words." (Psalm 40:1-5, MSV)
Like I said, this is just a fun, creative way that God led me to share what He's been up to with us lately. Feel free to do the same in your own time with Him...translate some verses into real, "what's happening in my life right now" words. If nothing else, it will be awesome to look back on and remember what great and mighty things He has done!
Unworthy,
the milillo fam
No comments:
Post a Comment