Monday, April 9, 2012

Proudest Parent Moment YET!

So...

For anyone who doesn't know, Malachi (our three-year-old) is [currently] speech-delayed. He has been working with speech therapists since before his second birthday and has come SO unbelievably far in the past few months!!

He can speak his mind...in his own way. Sometimes it seems like he's speaking another language, but other times, like with what happened tonight, I am amazed at the progress he has made and how he has learned to get his point across to those around him. ;)

Now on to my proudest parent moment to date...

The boys and I are in Houston for a few days and staying at my parents' house. My dad has been working hard rebuilding and expanding his work shed in the backyard. There are ladders, screws, and wood everywhere but somehow my crazy kiddos have managed to stay out of it all. :)
Tonight, we were all inside the house eating dinner and playing with my baby niece while Malachi was in the backyard with my dad. After a little while, Malachi came in looking for my mom. I asked what he needed and he said, "Papa fall." I said, "WHAT?!" Malachi repeated, "Papa fall head."

I ran out back to find my dad lying on the ground holding his arm. He had fallen off his ladder while trying to tarp the roof of his work shed. Keep in mind that my dad recently had shoulder surgery AND has a horrible back. GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!! My dad is FINE! Bumped and bruised, but we will take a few scrapes and bruises over what could have been much worse! Malachi saved the day!!! Later I asked my dad if he told Malachi what to say when he came inside but he didn't. He just told Malachi to go get someone. My baby (my sometimes-so-frustrated-with-not-being-able-to-say-what-he-is-thinking baby) was able to come inside and tell an adult what happened!!!!!!!! This may not seem like a big deal to some people, but for the Milillo clan, it brings huge tears to my eyes! My dad is ok and I couldn't be prouder of my son!

Thank you to all of his speech therapists who have put in hours of (sometimes very hard) work with my baby!

Incredibly proud,
Molly

3 comments:

  1. Go Malachi!!! Awesome job dude! And sooooo thankful your dad is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow the "story" doesn't do him justice...it truly was a special moment!!! I'm one proud aunt!

    ReplyDelete