Sunday, May 12, 2013

SHAZAM!

Apparently it has been a little over a year since we've blogged here. Wow! The past year has seen so many changes, I dare not try to squeeze them all into one post. I will, however, provide you with a
great contrast of last mother's day versus today.


If I am being perfectly honest, I must tell you that last year, all I wanted was a break from being "Mommy" for a day. I didn't want to do ANYTHING. I wanted the world to continue revolving without needing my assistance (how full of myself I was!). I didn't want my kids jumping all over me, I didn't want to be bothered, I just wanted to sleep in for a day and have coffee brought to me in bed. Well, that was selfish Molly. Selfish Molly was grumpy. She was full of herself. She was not a source of refreshment for her family.

Oh, how God has been working in me!

Fast forward a year...

I made a decision a year ago to get off my butt, get my physical body under control, and get my heart in order. I am still in progress with the physical part, but I can say that over the past year I have said farewell to 30 pounds, run 3 5K's, 2 10K's, and TWO half marathons (13.1 miles each)!!! God is amazing, y'all! I felt called to conquer something that has always been a nemesis of mine: RUNNING. Seriously, I started from complete SCRATCH!
 I will save that whole story for another blog post (when I have my "before" and "after" pics completed) but for now I will just say that getting physically healthier has in turn granted me the overwhelming desire to get my heart (spiritually-speaking) healthier as well.
With the grace of my amazing God, whom I need EVERY day, He has taken me on quite a journey in motherhood the last year. He has blessed me with pure JOY and the ability to truly DELIGHT in my children. Don't get me wrong, there are still times that I have to remind myself not to lose it, but those moments pale in comparison to the crazy happenings of my crazy boys. I DON'T want them to stop climbing all over me. I don't want a day to be "left alone". Just now, I got the privilege of being sandwiched in between them in their bed with both of them clinging to each of my arms as they drifted off to sleep. THESE MOMENTS TRUMP ALL OTHERS. These are the moments that I want to always MAKE time for! These are the moments that can get drowned out by the grumpy ones. So please, Mommy friends, please know that you are not alone in the overwhelming times. There is Someone GREATER that possesses way more control than we try to have. He is ready and willing to take you on the ride of your life!

I want to be the kind of Mom that delights in her children...one whom they can trust without even thinking about it...one that plays in the dirt and picks up worms...one that doesn't just look at their actions but also at the heart of the matter. This is my prayer for myself and for all my Mommy friends! We can do this!

Be refreshing,
Molly :)
p.s. please hear my heart in all this...it is NEVER my intention to toot my own horn. God laid these crazy ramblings on my heart earlier today and has not left me alone since. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment